Choose a typeface and font by what it communicates
- Pick a typeface – TYPEFACE: a design family of fonts that are related by style.
|San Serif||Slab Serif||Script|
- Pick Your Font – FONT: The combination of typeface and other qualities (e.g. size, style and spacing).
The combination of typeface and other qualities (e.g. size, style and spacing).
Suggestions for you
- San Serif: Helvectica, Univers, Gill San, Arial
- Slab Serif: Rockwell, Archer, Courier
- Script: Champion, English, Exmouth
- Old Style: Garamond, Jenson, Bemo, Palatino
- Transition: Baskerville, Times New Roman,
- Modern: Bodoni, Didot
- Blackletter: Old English, Fetter Fraktur
- Display: Circus, Vtks Revolt (Dafonts.com)
10 of the most popular fonts among professional designers for print!
Make Sure The Color Mode Is Right!
USE CMYK COLOUR MODE
- Subtractive Color Model
- Refers to the 4 colors used in the printing process
- Smaller range of colors available than in RGB Mode
- Files must be saved in CMYK mode in order to be printable
RGB (Colors for Web)
- Addictive color mode!
- Red, Green and Blue colors are added together by light for a broader range of colors.
- Any RGB files will automatically be converted to CMYK format when the files are prepped for printing.
- During RGB to CMYK file conversion there is color substitution.
- For consistency create design work in CMYK mode from start to finish.
Choose a size and shape
Business cards come in many shapes and sizes, from rectangular to circle, to die-cut shapes. However, standard rectangular or vertical shapes and sizes are still more convenient and affordable when it comes to the printing process.
Standard Sizes Around the World
- Dimension (in.) *
- 3.346 x 2.165 – Ireland, Italy, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Austria, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, Belguim.
- 3.54 x 2.165 – Australia, Denmark, New Zealand, Norway, Taiwan, Sweden, Vietnam
- 3.543 x 2.125 – Hong Kong, China, Singapore
- 3.543 x 1.968 – Argentina, Brazil, Czech Republic, Finland, Hungary, Israel, Kazakhstan, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, ontenegro, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Bulgaria, Latvia, Mexico, South Africa
- 3.582 x 2.165 – Japan
- 3.346 x 1.889 – Iran
Business Card Printing Map
BLEED: This area will be trimmed away. Extend the background to fill the bleed area so that your design goes to the edge of the page.
TRIM: The design will be cut here.
SAFE ZONE: Don’t place any important elements outside of this area to avoid being trimmed off.
Infographic by BusinessCards.com