1 in 10 adults suffer with mild tinnitus. 1 in 100 notices a distinct impact on their life. Four million people int he UK suffer with undiagnosed hearing loss. 40+ beyond the age of 40 a higher proportion of men will develop hearing loss. Two million people in the Uk currently wear a hearing aid.
The warning signs
- TV turned up too loud.
- Struggling to follow conversations.
- Becoming withdrawn or isolated
- Difficulty hearing in background sound.
- Upset when confronted about hearing problems
- Turn head so ear faces the sound when listening
- It only happens to old people – Hearing problems can affect anyone, anytime!
- Hearing aids are unsightly! Modern hearing aids are stylish and near invisible.
- Nothing can be done to help – Deterioration can be prevented
Hearing plays a vital part in everyday safety and identifying danger. From crossing the road to hearing a smoke alarm, your hearing plays a vital part in keeping you safe.
Hearing loss can prevent a grandparent from engaging fully with their family meaning they miss out, as do their grandchildren.
- Professional tests are free.
- Online checks can be a good start.
- Impartial advice is best.