90 times per week the average consumer mentions specific brands over in conversations with friends, family and co-owners.
80% the highest performing businesses use consumer insights in 80% of sales and merchandising.
Companies and social media.
- Facebook – 86%
- Twitter – 65%
- Blogs – 55%
- Video – 50%
- Reviews – 55%
Facebook, blogs, Twitter & customer reviews are considered the most effective tactics for mobilizing consumers to talk up products online.
Facebook is now the most visited site in the world; 4 years ago it didn’t register in the top 10.
- 86% of U.S. online retailers have Facebook fan pages.
- 74% of consumers rely on social networks to guide purchase decisions.
- 53% of people on Twitter recommend companies and/or products in their tweets.
- 48% with 48% of them delivering on their intention to buy the product.
By 2014, 53% of total retail sales (online and offline) will be affected by the web, as consumers increasingly use the Internet to research products before purchasing.
5 Ways Your Business Can Benefit from “Thinking Social”
- Understand target social media users
- Improve Media Planning
- Understand social media payback within the overall online marketing mix
- Implement more effective communications strategies
- Improve media planning
- Enhance customer service
If you’re still confused about social media marketing get in touch.
Infographic by ODMGRP