Your home could be losing heat in places you never thought of!
Did you know where your home is losing heat?
- 10% Ceilings
- 12-14% Walls
- 35% Air leakage
- 15-18% Floors & Below Grade Space
- 18-20% Windows & Doors
Here are some reasons why
- Recessed lighting
- Doors & Window Frames
- Electrical Outlets & Switches
- Dropped Ceilings
- Plumbing & Utility Access
- Water & Furnance Flues
Everyday Solutions to Retain Heat In Your Home
- Keep south-facing windows covered with drapes
- Keep other drapes open in the day to absorb natural sunlight.
- Check for proper insulation
- Repair holes/cracks to reduce cold air flow
- Close fireplace dampers when not in use
Infographic by Air n Water