Social media for hiring is at an all-time high.
92% companies use social media for recruitment.
45% Fortune 500 firms includes links to social media on their career page sections.
LinkedIn is #1 used by:
- 78% of companies in 2010
- 87% of companies in 2011
- 93% of companies in 2012
- 66% of companies use Facebook
- 54% of companies use Twitter
Social Recruitment is Working
- 73% Hired successfully with social media
- 42% companies say that candidate quality has improved
- 20% say it takes less time to hire
- 31% saw an increase in employee referrals
- 65% of recruiters compensate employees for referrals
Candidates, Be Careful what you post on social sites
- 3 of 4 hiring managers and recruiters check canddidates social profiles. Even if they are not provided!
- 1 of 3 employers rejected candidates based on something they found in social profiles.
- 78% recruiters disapprove of references to using illegal drugs.
- 67% react negatively on posts of sexual nature.
Job Seekers are turning to Social Media
- 14.4 million in the US have used social media to search for a job.
- 29% of job seekers use social media as their primary tool for job searching.
Some companies are still living in the Dark Ages.
- 36% of firms are not engaged in social media recruiting.