There’s a growing market for elite protective services.
The rise of Private Security
The U.S. is the #1 consumer of private contract security services in the world.
- $174+ billion was spent on security services worldwide in 2010.
- 35% of the security services market share will be held by the U.S. by 2014.
- 17% Growth is projected for the US private security industry by 2016.
- $220 billion is the anticipated size the world security services market will reach by 2015.
What’s Fueling Demand:
- Increased urbanization
- Growing need to protect assets
- Lack of faith in public safety
- Fear of crime and terrorism
What’s fueling market growth:
- Foreign investment
- Economic recovery
- Overloading of public services
- Higher personal incomes
Private Security vs Law Enforcement in the U.S.
- 765,000 sworn, full-time personnel law enforcement.
- 2,000,000+ professionals employed private security.
- 17,985 state of local agencies
- 90,000 organization
What Private Security Firms Do:
- Government Officials
Consulting & Training
- Threat Assessment
- Threat Management
- Litigation Support
- Background Investigations
- Personal protection services represent nearly 50% of the services provided by private security firms.
Infographic by Gavin De Becker & Associates