Substance found in tap water
- Organic materials
Bacterias and Minerals Found in Tap Water
- Coliform – Gasstrointestinal illness
- Cryptosporidium – Gastrointestinal illness
- Giardia – Diarrhea
- Legionella – Legionnaire’s Disease
- Bromate – Increased Risk of Cancer
- Chlorite – Anemia
- Asbestos – Increased risk of developing intestinal Polyps
- Fluoride – Bone Disease
Water Related Illness
Between 1993 and 2003, there were 4,000 officially recorded incidents of waterborne disease in Britain. The real figure is likely to be far higher.
Bottled Water isn’t much safer!
Research conducted recently by Crest Laboratories in Canada found that bottled water had more bacteria that tap water and that 70% of popular bottled water brands available in shops had high levels of bacteria.
Bacterias They Found:
- Kiebsiella Terrigena
- Ralstonia Pickettii
- Burkholderia Glum-ae
Use Point-Of-Use Filtration Systems
- The only way to ensure pure, contaminant free drinking water is through the use of a point-of-use filtration system.
- Water filters reduce the risk of gastrointestinal disease by more than 33% by removing cryptosporidium and giardia.
- Clean, healthy drinking water is essential to a child’s proper mental and physical development.
- It is especially important for pregnant women to drink pure water as lead in drinking water can cause severe birth defects.
Infographic by Robert Dyas